Thursday, December 6, 2012

Winter in the NYC Subway



I'm still testing a lens for this project... It's a strange experience since it's a focal range that I tend to use only use in zooms... Almost feels like learning a new language for me... Not sure if it's a good fit yet... But I'm enjoying the process... And hope to progress to the next stage of the project soon...

I selected the top image because it resembles what winter stands for in my eyes... Isolation, solitude, stark contrasts... Something tough to endure...


So there is a new train now... Must check it out! I have not seen an H train yet!


Variations in yellow... Me doing more lens testing... Easier to try on non moving objects first...


I must have been so many times at this station... And with a new perspective new things just pop up!


Funky focus... Still love it!


Getting closer to the new stage...


Iago like story lines are coming to mind here...


Sleepy time... On a lengthy train ride... Power outage on 14 Street...


Andy Garcia? Most likely not!


Profile...


Motion blur creation creamy tones...


Depth in a good mood...


Could be anywhere...


Strong...


End of Melancholia... So it says...


Emotional!


Waiting for the 14th...


Playing around?


Too early for emotions...


Great face and tones...


Tired and alert...


Serious business...


Work is!


Sightings a smile...


Handing out flyers in a good mood...


Heads up!


Okay, then!


Depth again...


Checking out a sign...


Group of expressive faces...


Stuck... (At least looking like it!)


Stunned bright eyes...


Not the happiest of emotions I would guess...


She reminds me of someone... Most likely an actress... 


iPods and a flight attendant...


Focused...


Big hat...
 

Literally not in the subway, but emerging from underground: Person with bike ranting...


North face slumber...


Rugged looks...


Checking me or my company out...


1 comment:

  1. Toll, wie immer! Ich mag so körnige Bilder, die haben irgendwie mehr Schmelz, ein bisschen wie gemalt.

    ReplyDelete