Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What I want...


A new round of images... I had asked on Facebook if people rather wanted more regular updates or more images per entry... As nobody answered I'll just do what I want... Makes most sense anyways as it's my blog after all... ;)

I like the top image... An interesting pose with my hands with camera reflecting in the window...


Strong face...


As if in a different colored world...


Working together...


Mmmh...


Very blue...


People hanging out outside the 125 Street subway station... Blurry, but I like it!


Great colors and expressions...


Focus on the scratches...


Police interaction behind me... I guess that's what she's looking at...


You have been warned...


A friend sent me a link to a series of turnstile images from I think 2004... Just people using the turnstiles... Interesting, but I can't find it at the moment...


Cool profile...


Actress studying lines?


At the starting gates...


Unusual styling...


Final image for the day...

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures. As usual. :) What I wonder about: Do you ask the people before you take a picture? Or do you ask them afterwards and explain why you are taking pictures? Do they have to sign something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stella! This is a great article on street photography and the law in the US: http://everydayaperture.com/law/ For kicks you should also check out this video on the work of Bruce Gilden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRBARi09je8

      Delete
    2. Interesting! Do you know if this is similar in Germany (or other countries, say, Sweden? ;o)) ?

      Delete
  2. I think that the rules for the actual taking of the images are similar in Germany... (As in you can take pictures of people in a public setting...) But regarding the next step, publishing the results: There seems to be a stronger emphasis here on "freedom of expression" while in Germany laws seem to be more set to preserve privacy... No clue about Sweden, sorry!

    ReplyDelete