Monday, June 11, 2012

Girl with the Green Headphones...



and other (blurry) pictures... Just kidding... Some of them are actually in focus... ;) Here are my images from recent trips in the NYC subway system...

I was not sure if I should keep the frame above... The focus is on the headphones and not her eyes... Classically speaking a no-no, but I decided I liked it because it added some more mystery to the image... As do the people in the background... So it got upgraded to opener!


At 125 Street station... Saturday morning I think...


No clue what is going on here... Just love the expression and her hand... (and I'm usually a big opponent of "hand in face poses'!)


Very sleepy... On my way to the dojo...


What the...


This just makes me smile... A Saturday Night Fever reenactment going on?


And back to "What the..."!


This one has a longer story... The woman got on the train and stood right in front of me... Way to close to get a great shot... Then she sat next to me... Not that great for an image to show the complete dress either... Luckily she got off at the same stop as me... Fabulous color selection! She even had an iPhone case matching her handbag...  


I don't think they were traveling together... Am really fascinated how the scratched on windows add another dimension to this... Feels almost like subway images from the 80s with all the graffiti...


I guess it is possible to make calls at 14 Street station after all...


Just love this... 


Unexpected levity...


Pretty in pink... OK... Lilac...


Looking stately...


Intense...


Great look...


Dressed up on a Sunday...


Just outside 125 Street station... Didn't get the image inside...


Of course I had to change the settings for the previous image... And promptly forgot all about it... Only wondered why my images were turning out quite blurry for part of that day... In this case I actually like how it rendered her necklace and almost gives the train speed... Surprising styling for a woman her age...


Still blurry... But lots of attitude...


I found the problem...


Interesting how the light models her face...


Close, but no... I don't think this is Terry Richardson...


New Yorkers?


Stuff going on...


In thought... 


Waiting for the E train I guess... 


Great colored jacket! I want!


Depth through focus / out of focus...


As it says: The amazing spider-man...


Time for a well deserved cigarette... Over and out!

3 comments:

  1. Du rauchst? Seit wann? Anyway: I like slightly blurry pictures, and especially that one with the green headphones. But the others are really good as well, for several reasons. Expression, colours, situation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comments, Stella! I don't smoke but the guy in the last image (at least the cigarette and lighter in his hand would suggest so...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, of course. Stupid me. If it would not have been the comment under the last picture, I would have gotten it right, I guess...

      Delete