Monday, June 13, 2011

Fur ball attack!

On my recent trip to 242 St - Van Cortland Park station I was approached by a younger guy while I was taking pictures of the station... "Do you want to take a really good picture??", he asked... Usually I'm quite skeptical of these kind of offers... I - of course - know what makes a good image, don't I? But one of the things that I learned doing this series is to be more open and fluid enough to check out what presents itself, since things cannot really be planned here...
It turned out that he was a park ranger who was taking a 6 week old squirrel to the animal rescue station... Apparently it had been abandoned by its parents or at least been found and presumed to be abandoned by park visitors... He showed me this cute fur ball and I have to admit: It made a good shot after all! ;)



The ranger told me that this young one would need about six more weeks in care before being able to fend for itself....



Love how it's just rolled into a furry ball... Feet hiding part of the face...

No comments:

Post a Comment