Monday, May 23, 2011

The image that was not.

I went out today to find people in the subway to take pictures of... But you can see in today's post there are no people images... That is one thing about this series... One cannot really predict what is going to happen...



I started at Columbus Circle station. Always was fascinated by circles...



No wonder people have a hard time figuring out where to go!



I had shot this before... Now with green leaves... Will most likely be back in autumn! ;)



This series was taken at the 57 St station (F line). This is to me a pretty plain, almost European looking station at least above the platform level...



Imagine a potentially homeless person just standing there... Close to the wall... Dressed completely in (faded) black... What an image! So strong! So sad! But understandably my photo request was denied... But at least I asked!



More exploring the station...



North corner of station.



Downstairs at same station... Interrogation room mirrors!



Upstairs at same station...



I think this is 50 St station (C, E line). I like the emptiness of this set up!



As I was still walking around contemplating how to continue I came across open steam pipes...
Love those... So photogenic... Almost like smoke used to be in bars... Or a gigantic fog machine...



On the same block... Love how the reflections and the steam open up the rigid structure of the beautiful building details...

No comments:

Post a Comment