Thursday, March 31, 2011

I did it!!!

Yes! I got the second super landmark into my subway series: The Brooklyn Bridge! I think I can stop now! ;)
Just kidding! The station is called Brooklyn Bridge station, but it's actually still quite a walk to get to the actual bridge... So I might try it with a longer lens to compress the distance some more, but so far I'm quite happy with what I got... It's subtle and not too obvious, I think...



Brooklyn Bridge: Out of focus and tiny! ;)



I was walking around and found the vicinity maps inside the stations actually of great help... Made it easier to track down the various entrances and exits to this station... Federal building in the background while waiting for the lights to turn on... Like that it's not lit yet in this shot though... The lack of color makes it easier to focus on the texture...



A more Anton Corbijn approach! ;)



Pace University in the background here looks like an evil fortress...



Towards the Municipal Building at 1 Centre St...



More close up...



From a different entrance... What a building! So solid. So imposing. Wow!



And this is a subway entrance of 1 Centre St. No wonder it reminds me of images I have seen of the closed platforms at City Hall station... Felt even more monumental in real life... Mmmh... Might have to revisit this to capture more of that feel...



Brooklyn Bridge station ID older style... (I have seen an even older style in images that have an eagle hugging the double B, looking forward to finding that someday...)



New style ID... So shiny... I can almost see myself reflected here!



One of the many court buildings in the background here...



Same... Like the forms... Like a glove waiting to catch the globe...



Thanks to Wikipedia I now know that this plaque shows the first building of Kings College (later Columbia University) , which was located around the corner on Park Place... Taken at the Chambers St station (2, 3 line)...



One more signal: This time at Chambers St.



Looking down onto the tracks... At Columbus Circle St... On my way home after picking up groceries...

No comments:

Post a Comment