Thursday, October 21, 2010

Monaco, the place - not the band...



I always wondered about the name of New Order Peter Hook's side project... "Monaco"
I mean there are a lot of images and emotions connected to this name... Not really fitting to a band with that kind of music, you'd think... Maybe it was meant to be tongue in cheek... But when I accompanied Mona to an awards ceremony and was able to see the place I was even more surprised...
But see for yourself!



I guess I was in a good situation to experience the most "New Order"-like feel for the city as it was already autumn... The weather was way better than in Germany where we just came from, but still left me with a feeling of displacement in that kind of location...


















All in all I have to say I really enjoyed visiting the place. I met lots of wonderful people and found quite a different place than I had anticipated... That might have to do with it being off season, but Monaco felt to me like a glamorously slow beehive past it's glory... with many surprises off the main streets... So, maybe Peter Hook was onto something after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment